HOURS OF OPERATION
Tours of the 1720 Historic House
Last tour leaves at 3:15 pm
Please note: Tours for groups larger then 5 must be prearranged.
Office Hours, Museum Services, & Exhibit Galleries
9:00 am—4:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday
ADMISSION FOR HISTORIC HOUSE TOURS
|Seniors (63 & older)||$5.00|
|Students (Ages 6 – 18)||$4.00|
|Children under age 6||FREE|
|Admission to the Spear Community Arts Gallery||FREE|
The museum has a small parking lot off the main museum entrance with street parking available on the opposite side of High Street from the museum.
Public restrooms and seasonal picnic facilities available
Stanley-Whitman House Education Center is fully accessible. The first floor of the 1720 Historic House is wheelchair accessible.
We are located approximately 9 miles west of Hartford off Interstate 84.
From Interstate 84 East or West:
- Take Exit 39 to light at end of exit.
- Continue straight through light onto Rt. 4 (west).
- Follow Rt. 4 (.8 mile) to light at intersection of Rt. 4 and Rt. 10.
- Turn left at the light onto Rt. 10 south, Main Street.
- Proceed (.2 mile) to next light, turn left onto Mountain Road
- Follow Mountain Road (.2 mile.) and take first left onto High Street. (Note on coming traffic has a stop sign.)
- Proceed (.1 mile) on High Street and look for museum sign on right.
- he Stanley-Whitman House is the brown saltbox with red trim on your right. Parking is on the side of the museum.